Thursday, April 2, 2009

What to do?

I think one of the problems with body image is that you often see someone struggling with it and you don't know how to help them. You cannot change their view of themself so what can you do? I don't really have an answer to this question - I just wanted to see what all your thoughts are. One of my roommates yesterday said that she said something negative about herself and her boyfriend said "I don't like it when you say things like that." Perhaps that's the best way to handle it.

3 comments:

  1. I have always been told that if you focus on your negative qualities, its what you become. I know that might not be the best thing to tell someone, but who knows...a reality smack may be what they need. I know i do every once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good question and I'd be interested in more answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think helping them to realize that our flaws don't define who we are is a good point to make, because we all have them, but we shouldn't dwell on our shortcomings. Focusing on the positive makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete